Rikke Asmussen Andreasen has a medical degree from The University of Southern Denmark in 2009. Since 2009 she has been employed primarily at the Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, Odense University Hospital, Svendborg . She has always been interested in musculoskeletal diseases. She began her specialist training in rheumatology in 2013. Furthermore Rikke has experience from previous teaching and research. She investigated the risk factors associated with mortality in patients with septic arthritis, which was presented at the EULAR conference in 2014 followed by a manuscript accepted for publication in Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology.
Rikke has been employed as a research fellow at The Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, Odense University Hospital, Svendborg and at The Parker Institute (Musculoskeletal Statistics Unit) since April 1st 2016, where she was enrolled as a PhD student at the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southern Denmark. The aim of her PhD thesis is to identify clinical phenotypes of SpA and ultimately elucidate prognostic factors of importance to patients and physicians alike. The thesis will be based on separate studies that focus on different aspects of SpA characterization, using various research designs including prospective cohorts, national registries, and meta-epidemiology.
- R Asmussen, MB Møller, IMJ Hansen: Hip pain as a paraneoplastic rheumatic syndrome in a patient with double-hit lymphoma, Ugeskr Laeger, 2014 Dec 15;176(25A) pii: V011300292.
- Prognostic factors associated with mortality in patients with septic arthritis: A descriptive cohort study, Rikke Asmussen Andreasen, Nanna Andersen, Søren Andreas Just og Inger Marie Jensen Hansen. Original arb. Accepted for publication, Scandinavian J Rheumatology
- Level of Adherence to Prophylactic Osteoporosis Medication amongst Patients with Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis: A Cross-Sectional Study, Amir Emamifar, Rannveig Gilberg-Mortensen, Søren Andreas Just, Niels Lomborg, Rikke Asmussen Andreasen & Inger Marie Jensen Hansen, International Journal of Rheumatology Volume 2015, Article ID 783709
- RA Andreasen, A Emamifar, JC Bang, MB Møller, IMJ Hansen: Severe joint pain as a manifestation of paraneoplastic rheumatic syndrome in a patient with a malignant lymphoma: Acase report and review of the literature, Itch & Pain 2015; 2: e759. doi: 10.14800/ip.759
- Myositis as a Presenting Manifestation of Severe Hypothyroidism: A Case Report and Review of the Literature, Amir Emamifar, Rikke Asmussen Andreasen, Klaus Levin, Inger Marie Jensen Hansen, Itch & Pain 2015; 2: e845. doi: 10.14800/ip.845
- Septic arthritis and subsequent fatal septic shock caused by Vibrio vulnificus infection, Amir Emamifar, Rikke Asmussen Andreasen, Nanna Skaarup Andersen, Inger Marie Jensen Hansen, BMJ Case Rep 2015. doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-212014